The Dr. Nagler estate is located in the town of Rudesheim in the German region of Rheingau. Today it is run by the sixth generation of the family of Tilbert Nägler. The estate is on the south-facing slope, rising steeply from the bank of the Rhine up into the Taunus hillside where viticulture is most demanding in the Rheingau. Protected by both the river and the forests at the top of the hillside, the stony quartzite and slate soil is an ideal environment for vines. First plantings can be traced back to 1031 on this hillside, and it is here that Friedrich Nägler began cultivating vines in 1826.